Tuesday, October 25, 2011

New Sculpture at Ravensthorpe

I saw this great sculpture of a Royal Hakea in Ravensthorpe last weekend as I drove back to Esperance from Perth. It was dark so it was especially beautiful as it was lit up so I thought I would feature it on our blog so that you know to look out for it next time you are passing through!





The project was organised by the Ravensthorpe Progress Association and it was made possible by a $10,000 grant from the Australian Government's Regional Arts program - The Regional Arts Fund. An Artist in Residence workshop took place in July, with visiting sculptor Richard Apel who provided direction and design concepts for the work working with volunteers to fabricate the final sculpture. There were over 300 volunteer hours put in to the final piece.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amber, nice sculpture and picture - thanks for showing!

    Will see if I can find it next time I drive through...

    ReplyDelete